CMBAA General Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 9:10 p.m.
1. President's Report:
CMBAA membership mailers have been sent. Call for current CMBAA members and those interested in joining to pay the annual dues.
Reminder that this Thanksgiving is a home game and alumni are encouraged to participate in the Thanksgiving home game traditions. Paper membership forms will be available at the pre-Thanksgiving alumni rehearsal at 7:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.) in the CHS band room on Wednesday, November 22. Membership forms are also available online.
Reminder that the separate Facebook pages are being consolidated into a single page.
Instrument drive discussed, with tentative collection date in May.
2. Vice President's Report:
Reiteration of the need for CMBAA members and those interested in joining to fill out membership form and pay annual dues.
Discussion of an online survey via emails/Facebook for which types of CMBAA apparel items might be created and sold as a fundraiser.
Discussion of additional potential fundraisers, including paint and wine night, Panera Bread in Clifton, and Blaze Pizza at Willowbrook Mall in Wayne.
3. Treasurer's Report:
Current CCB balance: $2,612.02
Current CMBAA balance: $13,407.61
Current Total balance: $16,019.63
Received $1,000 for the Ruth L. Pannicke Kracht Memorial Scholarship for a total balance of $1,615.
4. Liaison's Report:
Reminder of this year's Thanksgiving home game with the traditional invitation for alumni participation at the game and the pre-Thanksgiving rehearsal at 7:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.) in the CHS band room on Wednesday, November 22, with Thursday morning rehearsal time TBA.
Announcement of CHS Band Winter Concert on Thursday, January 25, 2018, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at CHS.
Announcement of CMB Beefsteak fundraiser on Friday, January 12, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at Boys & Girls Club of Clifton, 181 Colfax Avenue.
Request for a potential CMBAA donation.
5. Additional discussion of potential Band Historian/Archivist position(s).
1. The CMB memorial case in CHS has had to remove some memorabilia, which are now currently stored in the CHS band room. Plans have been made for the CHS Choir memorial case to be given to the CMB for memorabilia storage. A suggestion was made for the CMBAA to look into the possibility of constructing a CMB memorial case on a CHS wall adjacent to the CHS band room.
2. Discussion of potential changes to the current 2002 CMBAA By-laws.
3. Motion to establish a CMBAA By-laws Committee for the purpose of reviewing and proposing changes to the current 2002 CMBAA By-laws to be submitted for adoption by majority vote of the CMBAA membership. Motion seconded and carried.
4. Motions to establish and call for nominations of Chairperson of the CMBAA By-laws Committee. Motions seconded and carried.
5. Tim Mathieson nominated and seconded for the position of Chair of the CMBAA By-laws Committee. Motion to approve seconded and carried.
Call for those interested in being members of the CMBAA By-laws Committee to provide names and contact information to the Chair. Current members include: Tim Mathieson, Robert Morgan, Alan Paris, Bryan Stepneski, Alyssa Stepneski, and Korinne Kensicki.
Meeting adjourned at 9:47 p.m.